Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Awesome Peanut Butter Cups

This afternoon I wanted something peanutbuttery (ya I am using that as a word) so I made my own peanut butter cups.

I can create a recipe all by myself - I'm normally afraid to do this but these turned out super well ! The kids loved them, the hubby said they were "really good" and I thought they were yummy !


1 bag milk chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter plus 1/2 teaspoon (not light - crunchy or smooth)
1 cup icing sugar
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix peanut butter, icing sugar, graham crumbs and salt until mixed well - it should be the consistency of cookie dough. Roll about 1 teaspoon worth each for 24 into balls, set aside.

Melt chocolate in microwave on half power, stirring frequently so it doesn't burn (this takes about 2 minutes)
You can use the double boil method but honestly the microwave is just easier. Mix in 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter and stir until smooth.

Using mini muffin liners spoon a small amount of chocolate into each liner and spread to coat sides.
Place the balls of peanut butter filling you have made into each muffin liner and flatten slightly.
Reheat the chocolate for 15 seconds or so and top each mini liner filled with peanut butter centre with chocolate, smooth it out so it looks pretty.

Refrigerate for about 1 hour and eat them all at once :) (or not cause you might get sore teeth because they are so decadent)
Enjoy !
These are so so good, they are so close to reeses peanut butter cups - you will be amazed !

0 comments:

Post a Comment