Friday, June 10, 2011

Hi there, How are you today ? What can I get for you ?

It's Friday - that means my work week is just starting, I'm a server aka a waitress and I love my job.

I went to school to become a nurse and after 2 years I realized it wasn't the job for me, what I really wanted to do was be a server - for life. Yep I love it that much. Meeting new people from all over the world and getting to know regular customers locally makes me happy. Everyone has a story to tell and learning about people is so much fun.Plus I love food, and what better place to get to talk about it and learn about it that in a restaurant ?

You know what else I have learned ? Some people think I am lower than them because I am serving them their meals. They talk down to me, they call me names (really bad names) and they are just plain rude. Do you know I make less than minimum wage while I am serving ? I rely on tips to make a decent wage. If you can't tip for good service and good food you probably shouldn't go out to eat, of course I realize not everyone can afford to leave a giant tip - but a gesture of a dollar or 2 is always nice, it shows you appreciate the service you received.

Here's some interesting information about tipping customs around the world All about Gratuity

I completely understand if you aren't satisfied with your service and you choose not to leave a tip - however I am always doing my absolute best to ensure you have an enjoyable meal and a nice time when you are sitting in my section. If you are unhappy with something mention it nicely, I will do my best to correct the problem and if I can't personally do anything I will pass on your concerns to the management.

Please realize I am not the one who owns the restaurant nor am I the person who created the menu or who cooked your meal - all I did was take your order and bring you what you asked for, and I did it really nicely. Don't yell at me because we don't carry something, because your whatever was cold or because you are just having a crappy day. I am not the cause of it. But if you are unhappy please refer to the above mentioned statement regarding it being my pleasure to correct the problem to the best of my ability.

So readers please remember the next time you go out to eat (or get a hair cut or have your nails done etc) We in the service industry are working for our tips - most of us love our jobs and work really hard to make sure you have a good experience at our establishments - consider that when you are paying your bill next time :)

Enjoy your weekend everyone !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your car could be stolen if you don't remember this!

Consider that your car was taken! When you visit the police, they inquire about a specific "VIN decoder"

A VIN decoder: What is it?

Similar to a passport, the "VIN decoder" allows you to find out when the car was born and who its "parent"( manufacturing plant) is. You can also find out:

1.Type of engine

2.Automobile model

3.The DMV and the limitations it imposes

4.The number of drivers in this vehicle

You will be able to locate the car, and keeping in mind the code ensures your safety. The code can be examined in the online database. The VIN is situated on various parts of the car to make it harder for thieves to steal, such as the first person's seat on the floor, the frame (often in trucks and SUVs), the spar, and other areas.

What if the VIN is intentionally harmed?

There are numerous circumstances that can result in VIN damage, but failing to have one will have unpleasant repercussions because it is illegal to intentionally harm a VIN in order to avoid going to jail or the police. You could receive a fine of up to 80,000 rubles and spend two years in prison. You might be stopped by an instructor on the road.

Conclusion.

The VIN decoder may help to save your car from theft. But where can you check the car reality? This is why we exist– VIN decoders!

Anonymous said...

Для возможности обладать возможность рулить погрузчиком, нужно пройти качественное обучение и хорошо сдать экзамены, указывающие знания в этой области. Водительское удостоверение тракториста-машиниста предоставляется в Гостехнадзоре и в обязательном порядке для тех, кто задумывает трудиться на специальной технике - https://onpravar.com/spectehnika/pogruzchik

Post a Comment